Thursday, June 26, 2008

Longhand vs Typing

I've noticed a strange phenomenon with Project Tevan. Varda, the MC, talks to me when I write longhand but stays absolutely silent when I use the laptop. What, I wonder, does that say about me and my muse? I don't mind working this way, if that's what it takes. The type-in doesn't take a whole lot of time once I have the words down (other than deciphering the scrawl), and I'm able to resist the urge to edit as I do it which is a huge bonus for me. I can see areas that need to be strengthened and where the description is lacking or where I have "talking heads" dialog but I can blow right past them. I know I'll be able to fix the problems during revision so I'm not worrying about them. Weird. Well, no matter. As long as I'm getting the story right, that's all that counts.

No comments: