Friday, April 3, 2009

Working on the plot

I've not written a whole lot this week and now I know why. Something wasn't right. I couldn't put my finger on it until a short while ago but now I understand what the problem has been. For some reason I'd ended up with a description in a scene that shouldn't have been there. I now fully admit to being a "pantster" -- one who writes by the seat of her pants. As much as I'd like to get an outline down I just can't do it, I have to let the story take me where it will. The result is that I end up in the wrong place on a frequent basis and have to re-write. Oh well. But now that I, or rather the characters, are back on track, a lovely new twist has turned up. I can't wait to put it down on paper, but I still have to let it smolder for a little bit. It will be good, I just know it; I have to get the details right first though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you gotten it worked out yet? How's the writing going? Hope everyting is working out okay.