Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's a start

So here I am, blogging when I've resisted for so long. Why the resistance? That's simple. I'm a procrastinator by nature. Unfortunately it's a trait that I seem to have passed on to my offspring too. I could say that I've avoided blogging because I work in the IT industry and so spending my free time on the internet is something I want to avoid. It wouldn't be true though. I do work in the IT industry as a Database Consultant, and it's a job that I love. It consumes my days and far too many nights and weekends. But that isn't who I am.

I am a writer, albeit not published... yet.

No more excuses! I'll make a blog entry every day -- well maybe not EVERY day -- occasionally my day job will get it the way. But I will endeavor to make an entry every day, journaling the progress of my current project, a fantasy novel called A Shadowed Flame. I'll post snippets, and maybe even some of the backstory that doesn't make it into the manuscript, but I'll also post other things too. Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: