Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Limping along.

You know, it's just dawned on me that I haven't been keeping you up to date with my progress on A Shadowed Flame. And as this blog is *supposed* to be a writing journal, that's a bit remiss of me, isn't it? I'm currently doing yet another round of revision, this one driven by the comments of my critique partner -- for which I am very grateful. It's really hard to do a good critique and she's pulling out a lot of things that I knew needed work, but hoped that no one else would notice. And of course, an agent or an editor would have spotted them and I'd end up at best having to make the changes anyway. Or have my work rejected before it even had a chance to live. So I'm biting the bullet and editing. And on top of that, my reader had some interesting comments about the last chapter. He wanted the story to continue because he loves the characters which is good; but he poked holes in the first two scenes of the chapter that you could drive a bus through. Sigh. So I'm fixing that too. The query that I'm putting together is progressing at glacial speed. At this rate I'll be 90 before I'm ready to look for representation!

No comments: