Thursday, January 17, 2008

Promises

I am getting so bad about blogging! It's not that I don't want to. I'm just getting pulled in a hundred directions right now. I have to make time for it though.

A quick update on ASF -- I've been called to task about a soft spot in Chapter 12. It's not big deal, but my reader has told me that I need to add something in one scene... and darn it he's right! Question is, how to improve it without wrecking the whole thing. So I'm thinking about that.

And then I had this cool idea about another section... and we ALL know where that leads! So I'm setting a hard goal for myself. Get the things that need to be fixed, fixed. No more additions, no more procrastination. Get it done and printed by the weekend. Spend two days reading the whole ms editing with a pen as I go. Type in the corrections next week. Send the complete ms to said reader and hope he can find the time to read it in a week. While he's doing that, start querying agents. So by Feb 1 I will have at least one query out there. And I need you to keep me honest about that!

I also promise to also keep blogging, finding time for the spouse and the cats, critiquing other people's work and generally acting like a human being. Oh yes, and I suppose I'll have to put in some hours at the day job too. Should be a piece of cake -- right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll keep you honest, don't worry. You can do this. You have a plan and that's half the battle. Hang in there!

Liz said...

Thanks! And thank you for your blog. It's wonderful! Anyone reading this should check out Theadra's blog Life is What You Make It, Laughter is the Key (click on her name in the comment above or on the link in the right side bar). She's doing a series on Common Mistakes in Fiction. I've been too busy to check it on a daily basis , Theadra, but I'm catching up.