Sunday, March 9, 2008

Procrastination is dead ... Long Live Procrastination

What fun. DST has messed up the application I use to manage the servers at my most important client. Fortunately this is not vital and I can fix it during the week. That does beg the question why didn't I have the darned thing patched up already though. I guess I just missed it in the shuffle. Oh well. Never mind. But messing with it today has eaten into the time I had allocated to make the edits needed in Chapter 9. These are edits that I should have done sooner -- BEFORE my crit partner saw the glob of omniscient backstory. Prevarication, it seems, is one of my stronger points. Ouch!

Now that I've taken a hard look at what needs to be done I'm going to have to do a swift shuffle of scenes in Chapters 9 and 10 to make it work the right way. To that end I've printed out both chapters and I'm going to spend time tomorrow literally cutting paragraphs out and slotting them in where they should be. That's always supposing I can find the time to do it.

But on the upside, my reader called today. He likes the changes that I made to the last chapter, so that's good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you think outside the box. Cutting paragraphs and moving them around reminds me of something a movie director would do. Is it okay if I steal the idea? ;)

Liz said...

By all means! I'm sure you have no felonious intent anyway, so steal away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it. It's just so much easier to work with paper sometimes and I think we tend to forget that. And of course that is where the phase "cut-and-paste" comes from.

Liz said...

By all means! I'm sure you have no felonious intent anyway, so steal away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it. It's just so much easier to work with paper sometimes and I think we tend to forget that. And of course that is where the phase "cut-and-paste" comes from.