Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today's Words

250. These are new words for a rework of a scene that was a blob of backstory. I still have to weave them into the blob and cut some of the originals but that's fine. I like what I've done today. It's going to work much better than before.

I'm looking at ways to make this easier for us. Not the writing bit, your on your own for that, but the reporting piece. Maybe linkies would work. I'll keep researching and report back when/if I find something that might fly.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Ing suggested that we only report once or twice a week. I like the idea, because otherwise we'll have hundreds of tiny posts saying little more than "I did my 100 words today." What do you think?

Liz said...

Er... I see what you're saying but I think it's going to be too easy to let the commitment slide if we do that. I'm trying to find a way that makes it easy for us all to report AND doesn't clog our blogs with dross. Give me a couple of days to come up with something.

Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you.

So far the daily reporting has been a good thing for me. Nothing like the threat of having failure publicly pointed out for motivation. :) Whatever we do, we shouldn't weaken that too much.

On the other hand, the current method is going to result in a lot of virtually contentless blog posts, which I'd rather avoid (not that mine were all THAT great to begin with).

I like what Theadra has done over at her blog (http://tgraczyk.blogspot.com) with the word count in the sidebar.

Maybe we could combine something like that, updated on a daily basis, with a weekly or twice-weekly post. Then those who haven't been updating their word counts still can be justly (and if necessary, frequently) flogged and those who have kept up the pace can properly congratulate themselves.

I'm going to try putting my word count in my sidebar because I just want to...but until there's some general agreement to do otherwise, I'll keep the daily word-count posts going too.